Ayesha Mukherjee is an amateur boxer and the wife of famous Indian cricketer, Shikhar Dhawan. Raised in Australia, Ayesha is a half-Bengali and half-British. She often visits Australia and then quickly flies back to India, for she has to take care of her two daughters from her first marriage, who live down under. An athlete by profession, Ayesha makes sure she stays fit and also helps Dhawan in maintaining a strong physique, which he makes use of while representing India and other teams on a cricket field. According to some reports, she might make a wildcard entry into the celebrity dance based reality show, ‘Nach Baliye’, aired on Star Plus.First Marriage
- Ayesha was married to an Australian businessman. Their first daughter, Aliyah, was born in 2000 and their second daughter, Rhea, was born in the year 2005. Both Aliyah and Rhea were born in the Melbourne suburb of Narre Warren, Australia.
- Their married life was nice and smooth until they got separated because of some personal issues. The couple eventually got divorced in the year 2012. After the divorce, both Aliyah and Rhea decided to stay back with their father.
The Love Story of Ayesha & Shikhar Dhawan
- Love knocked at Ayesha’s door once again when she met her then future husband Shikhar Dhawan on the popular social networking site, Facebook. When Dhawan was browsing through the site, Ayesha’s pictures caught his attention. Impressed by her enchanting looks, he wanted to know more about her and hence started going through her profile. His teammate and friend Harbhajan Singh was a common friend and he eventually played the cupid.
- Harbhajan introduced Ayesha to Shikhar and they both started chatting. As they got to know each other, they discovered that they shared a lot of interests. Like Ayesha, Shikhar too, loves tattoos, good food, swanky clothes and physical fitness. These common interests brought them closer and in no time, they were head over heels in love with each other, despite the fact that Ayesha is ten years older to Shikhar.
- Shikhar Dhawan’s family members initially did not approve his relationship with Ayesha. His father, Mahendra Pal Dhawan, did not support their marriage due to the huge age difference between Shikhar and Ayesha. Also, Ayesha was a divorcee with two daughters. But his mother, Sunaina Dhawan, favored their relationship.
- After a lot of persuasions, the family finally gave their consent to the marriage. Ayesha and Shikhar got engaged in 2009. Shikhar had to postpone the wedding, for he wanted to cement his place in the Indian cricket team before tying the knot. Ayesha agreed on that as she wanted Shikhar to gel with her daughters before becoming their step-father. The couple eventually tied the knot on 30th October, 2012.
- Their wedding was a low key affair. They got married in accordance with the customs and rituals followed in a traditional Sikh wedding. Their wedding reception though was a grand affair and was attended by many cricketers and celebrities.
- Ayesha and her two daughters proved to be very lucky for Shikhar as he displayed some remarkable performances post his wedding. He scored 5 ODI centuries in 2013, that too in just 28 matches. He also scored his fastest test hundred.
- In 2014, Dhawan became a proud father as Ayesha gave birth to a baby boy, Zoravar Dhawan.